Weight saving down to the smallest details
In our industry, weight is always an important pillar. We therefore continuously look at weight savings in our products. Weight savings can be achieved even in the smallest parts.
Such as the assembly plugs for our floors. We are switching from aluminum to plastic plugs.
Besides the fact that this entails a weight saving, the advantages compared to aluminum plugs are:
– The conical cylinder shape makes it easier and faster to assemble, less force is required;
– Less noise during assembly;
– During CNC milling, no errors occur when accidentally hitting the assembly plug;
– No PTFE lubricant is required for assembly;
– Less weight: approximately 25% lighter than the aluminum plug. This saves about 1 kilogram on a total floor!
The new article number associated with the plastic assembly plug is: H22075.